What is it?
This multi-peptide serum has been specifically formulated for the scalp to help promote fuller and thicker hair. This review, however, is not on how this product helps with hair density. This review is solely aimed at how this product helps with my seriously thin brows! Priced at £15.80 for a 60ml bottle, you can grab your own via the link below.
About the brand.
The Ordinary is the skincare brand that quite literally changed the beauty world forever.
As consumers, The Ordinary showed us that we could have proven, performing skin care ingredients that we didn’t need to take out a bank loan to purchase.
In addition, they explained what those ingredients did. They gave us the knowledge and information we desperately needed. We could now make much more informed purchasing decisions.
Whilst The Ordinary products are definitely cheap, do not let the price tag fool you. Some of their products outperform their higher-priced competitors, by a mile.
What does the brand have to say?
“This concentrated formula is designed to support hair health so that it looks thicker, denser, fuller, and healthier.”
“The technologies present in this formula include REDENSYL™ complex (with Larix Europaea Wood Extract and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract), Procapil™ peptide complex (with Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1), CAPIXYL™ peptide complex (with Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 and Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract), BAICAPIL™ complex (with Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract, and Glycine Soja Germ Extract), AnaGain™ (Pisum Sativum Extract) and High-Solubility Caffeine (1% net Caffeine by weight).”
“In an ultra-lightweight, emollient base for efficient penetration. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 21.15%.”
(I am aware that this makes absolutely no sense! I have explained it in English below!)
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: This Multi-Peptide Serum is formulated to help with hair thickness, density, and fullness.
- Consistency and Texture: This is a very watery serum that is easily applied and soaks into the skin within seconds. I have not found it to leave behind any residue.
- Does it play nice with other products: Yes, no issues to report.
- Smelly?: Nope. This serum does not smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: N/A
- Any Irritation?: None at all.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for anyone who would like to see fuller, healthier hair.
- For anyone who fell victim to the 90’s ‘barely there’ eyebrow trend.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
Is it worth the money?
- Child Quasar Evaluations: MD Blue Skincare Remedy Machine
- Boots No7 Creation Calendar 2020 BACK IN STOCK!
- HOW TO PREVENT & TREAT PIGMENTATION
- N-Acetyl Glucosamine: How To Scale back Age Spots and Hyperpigmentation
- This Heavenly-Smelling $15 Scrub Turns Showering Right into a Spa-Like Expertise
What do we think?
Please note that this review is based on my experience using this serum on my brows and not my hair.
I, unfortunately, did fall victim to the clown eyebrows of the ’90s. After being plucked into submission one too many times, my eyebrows have never recovered.
Fast forward a couple of decades and now it’s all about the full, bushy brow. Whilst I am not one to get caught up in too many trends, I do believe that fuller brows do give you a much more youthful appearance and by God, I want to look youthful!
I have tried so many, highly expensive, brow serums over the years. I tried Castor oil too. I literally tried everything. Nothing worked and I resigned myself to the fact that I would be drawing my brows on forever.
However, not so long ago I stumbled across The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for hair density and I was intrigued. If it could promote hair density on the head, what’s to say it won’t do the same for my brows?
At a very reasonable price for a huge bottle, I thought ‘what have I got to lose’ and purchased immediately.
As soon as I received the serum, I began to use it. Both morning and evening after cleansing my face and before applying any additional skincare.
I add a few drops on the palm of my hand, then using my ring finger, gently pat into my brow area. Leaving for 2-3 minutes before I apply any additional products, to give the serum time to fully soak into my skin.
I am happy to report after around 3 weeks of applying this serum twice a day, every day, I am starting to notice some significant improvements.
Not only are my brows fuller, but I am actually sprouting fresh new brow hairs which is something I thought would never happen again after I butchered my brows repeatedly with my tweezers.
- Why Does Your Make-up Look Dry?
- Pores and skin Ampoules: One other Korean Step Or A Revolution?
- Easy methods to Look after High quality Curly Hair
- The Finest Sunscreen for Darkish Spots & Hyperpigmentation
- Ghd vs Bio Ionic – Which Flat Iron Should I Choose?
I am genuinely shocked and cannot wait to see, with continued use, how much fuller my brows will become.
If you need some help in the brow department like me, then I implore you to purchase this serum immediately! Compared to other brow serums on the market, this one is so much cheaper, actually works and you get a load of product that would last forever!
What are you waiting for!?
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: [email protected]
Have a lovely day.